If you have been referred to a hospital or clinic, you are able to book the appointment online.
- You can book your own appointment, on a date and at a time that is convenient for you, you can also choose the hospital or clinic that you want to go to.
- Once you have booked your appointment, you can check your details, change your appointment or cancel it if, it is no longer needed.
- The service is fast convenient and secure
Booking your own referral appointment online helps save your us time and also saves the NHS money. When patients book their own appointment, hospitals have said that there are half as many missed appointments, booking online also saves the NHS on phone bills and sending letter out to you. We know that the service is not for everyone, therefore you will be able to ask your GP if you need any help.
Managing your referral
If you are referred to a hospital or a clinic, you can book your appointment online, from
You will need;
- Your booking reference number, which can be found at the top of booking letter
- The password you received at the time your received your booking letter
- Your year of birth
If you have been referred, and have forgotten you booking reference or password, please contact the practice.
If you have any problems booking online, you can call the NHS appointment line on 034 5608 8888.
Phone lines are open;
Monday to Friday
8.00AM – 8.00PM
Saturday and Sunday and on bank holidays
8.00AM – 4.00PM
A full translation service is available and all calls are charged at local rates.
For more information about booking your appointment online, please visit the Managing Your Referral page on the NHS website.
If you missed an appointment
Please note that if you have been discharged from hospital because you did not attend an appointment, but need to be re-referred, please contact the practice or complete the re-referral form below and return it to the practice;